Rihanna’s “The Only Girl in the World” Fashion
I have to say that I’m not the BIGGEST Rihanna fan. However her song with Drake, “What’s My Name?”, I have been feeling so much recently! Therefore I went looking for the video on YouTube today because I needed to play the song to get it out of my head. Funny how that works. Well, I thought the name of the song was “Only Girl in the World.” From the moment I hit play I knew I had the wrong song… however, I could not stop watching because the video was shot so beautifully, and furthermore… the fashion was ON POINT. Not to to mention I could Jersey Shore it up to this song all night
with Vinny Gaudagnino.
First, lets start with with the single cover for this song. The cover was shot with Rihanna holding a red Marchesa dress from his Fall 2010 collection in the field naked. The dress is all sorts of gorgeous! Marchesa can certainly dress a woman.
Rihanna has soooooooooooooooooo many looks pulled in this video it’s amazing. It’s like watching a high fashioned music video! I nearly exploded in happiness. It was a gaggle of kittens playing with yarn and biting each others ears. Okay, I may have slight issues, but I think kittens are cute! But this video was AMAZING. I’m not a fan of her fire engine red hair, and i’m not going to pretend to be, but the look really works for her in this video, and the people who styled this shoot should get a dayum reward for working with that atrocity sitting on top of her head. Did I mention this song is AMAZING?!
I was going to highlight each look from the video, but I just simply don’t have enough time to do that. However, I will speak about some of my favorite looks.
- I LOVE corset look on the water. It was beautiful and Rihanna looked gorgeous.
- The pink dress as she’s leaning against the rocks watching the sunset was really dope.
- I loved the third look in the video where she is wearing a bustier that hooks really low in the back. She’s wearing this sexy top with a floral bottom. Now I am NOT a fan of the floral movement, but the way this look was put together… I may change my mind. I would definitely sport this look (in the right atmosphere). It’s so spring and I love it.
- Her second look was great too. Think circa 1990’s with Alicia Silverstone as Cher in Clueless. This is what Rihanna looked like. Expect an updated sexy (not trashy) version. The cropped sky blue mohair short sleeved sweater was amazing. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the SEXY white pleated bottom skirt that had the garter hooks shly being showed from the bottom. The thigh high sock where hard on producing HOT! I didn’t really care of the scarf she was throwing around.
- My FAVORITE look was the first one that you can barely see when the video begins. It’s later revealed in teh video. Rihanna is wearing a rhinestone headband with a matching top. Think Christina Aguilera during her “Stripped” days (BTW THAT ALBUM IS AMAZING) except that Rihanna doesn’t look like a common corner hooker. Rihanna pulled of this sexy look without looking trashy. The bottom to this look was simply amazing too.
All in all I may not be Rihanna’s biggest fan, but I have to give props where probs are due and homegirl looked AMAZING in this video. What really makes these clothes is the fact that Rihanna as the perfect pin-up girl like body. She’s beautifully curvy. Thick sexy thighs, but not over or underweight. Too me, she has one of the best REAL celebrity bodies out there.