Music Video: Tila Tequila’s Walking on Thin Ice
So the beautiful Miss Tila Tequila came out with a new video, Walking on Thin Ice. I used to REALLY be in love with this girl back in the day,
borderline obessed. I really respected her even though she took her clothes off from fame, she was the original Kim Kardashian sans the sex tape. I even hated Perez Hilton for bashing her so much.
I really respected her grind. Every day she got up trying to build her empire more and more. What I loved even more about her was the fact that she was an import model who took the world by storm. It was VERY inspirational to see this petite, beautiful, Asian woman say, “FUCK THE STATUS QUE! I’m doing this MY WAY!”
Tila has been a pioneer in more ways than a lot of people will admit.
With all that said, I have to say that I am not a fan of this music video. Unfortunately when you are public figure you allow yourself to be eaten by the tiger. In this internet day and age the tigers are now YouTube watches and blog readers.
What I HATE about the video:
- Her make-up: I LOVE the dramatic lashes, but since she was shot in HD you would have thought they would have put her in HD make-up. There are enough beauty gurus on YouTube to have let her know that.
- Her hair: I love the concept of the hair, but the execution was terrible. We can call tell homegirl is wearing major extensions because whoever did her hair DID NOT MATCH HER HAIR COLOR TO HER WEAVE… major NO NO! She can’t even play it off that she did that on purpose.
- The flow of the video: The first half of the video didn’t make any sense. I’m not even going to start on the quality of the vid because it’s YouTube we are talking about here. But the flow needed work… what lead to the initial fight (was he texting another girl or are all the cereal and left the empty box on tip of the fridge?). We need a better explanation. Tila, you should have hired WongFu to mastermind the direction and quality of this video. It’s amazing what those guys can do with a Canon camera.
- The Banana: Who the hell peels half a banana?! What is she going to do, SAVE IT FOR LATER?!
- Her Voice: Please stick to pop rock, you excel there.
What I liked about the video:
There was some effort there, and you could see that she didn’t sing with the help of auto-tune. I have to show mad respect for that.
What did you guys think of the video?
Below is my FAVORITE Tila Tequila song, Fuck Ya Man.