Eating out in Dallas: II Cane Rosso
I know people relish in having the opportunity in saying something negative about a person, product, or thing they themselves did not create. I do not. I actually like giving positive reviews about clothes, products, restaurants, and any activity that I take part of. However, I also have to be honest with not only the people who read my blog, but with myself.
Last night was the first night IN A LONG TIME that I didn’t already have plans. My girls are either out of city, state, or country. My boy’s birthday was yesterday, and he was hoping to spend some quality time with the lady of his dreams and the mother of his daughter. My brother had to go to bed early to be at work early (on a Saturday). So here I was, after an hour long conversation with my girl in Rowlett. Alone. With my dog. So I decided that I wanted to try a new place to eat. Therefore I get on QuickDFW and found a recent article that read “5 Things to eat this week.”
The other four places listed were restaurants I would only go with family or friends. II Cane Rosso seemed liked my place based on what the website for the company claimed. Basically I like the fact that this was actually Neapolitan pizza… baked in a REAL oven with ingredients made from scratch.
Unfortunately my review for the restaurant is not as praising as the Quick had claimed. Here is a list of issues I had with Il Cane Rosso.
- It was hard to find off Commerce because you can’t see the sign
- When walking up to the place on the street you will pass it up because there is no signage at all on street level
- The pizza was bland
- All the items on the menu (when it came to the pizza) appeared to be made out of ALL THE SAME ingredients. Nothing really differed from the next item.
- The cheese was not good (no flavor)
- The sauce had not flavor
- EVEN THE BASIL HAD NO FLAVOR
- The pizza didn’t taste any better in the morning
- Gave me the runs (yeah TMI… but I’m practicing full disclosure and I have a stomach that NEVER gets upset… so this was serious)
- The temperate was very carefree… think Austin meets Dallas
- I love the décor… not your typical restaurant where there are a bunch of booths. Very open layout.
- The music was smooth and you could listen to all your friends, even if they are across the table from you
- I love how carefree the décor was. It wasn’t boughie an they accept all the scratches in the furniture. Made one feel at home to kick up your feet
- The service was FAST
- The service were hospitable
All and all I would not come back to the restaurant on my own accord. I would need to be coaxed. Even though the atmosphere is fantastic, the food was a bland.
This meter had nothing to do with the restaurant, but I thought it was funny. Most of the time the meters say that you have to pay during the day and not at night. This one was completely different. LOL!