I Will Always Love You
Unless you live under a rock… or haven’t been on the internet in the last 4 hours… then you need to know that Whitney Houston passed away today at 3:55 PM at the age of 48. As of right now the reasons of her death are unknown. All we know is that she was found in a Beverly Hills Hotel.
This is just plain devastating. It’s crazy. I was JUST watching Waiting to Exhale last night thinking… Whitney looks gorgeous in this movie.
WOW… I mean… that’s all I can really say right now.
The movie that people will know her best from is the Body Guard. However, the best thing that came from the movie was the song “I will always love you.”
Fun Facts about Ms. Houston…
- Over 200 million albums sold worldwide
- Recipient of six Grammy Awards and twenty-six nominations
- Winner of twenty-two American Music Awards and thirty-eight nominations, more than any other female solo artist in history
- Only artist to chart seven consecutive Number One Billboard Hot 100 hits (“Saving All My Love for You”, “How Will I Know”, “Greatest Love of All”, “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)”, “Didn’t We Almost Have It All”, “So Emotional”, and “Where Do Broken Hearts Go”)
- First female artist to debut an album at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart
- Appeared in four films, including 2012′s Sparkle
- Only artist with at least one Grammy, Emmy, MTV Video Music Award, MTV Movie Award, People’s Choice Award, and Billboard Music Award to their name.