K and I have been talking a lot about fitness lately. Back in February, I was whining to my aunt about how bloated and out of shape I was, and she said some magic words to me. “Two miles a day, at least five days a week. Run, walk or crawl, it does not have to be pretty, but it does have to be two miles.” Even for as busy as my days are, I figured, sure, I can do two miles. At most, that’s 40 minutes (if walking 20 minute miles, which is not that fast). And you know what? Two miles a day is like a gateway drug. All of a sudden, I have been doing squats, crunches, and jogging! I do not do these things! But in just two months, I have noticed some huge changes, as have my coworkers and friends. So next time you are whining about not loving your body, or not liking how you feel, remember: two miles, at least five days a week. It is so worth it!
And for those of you feeling a little more enthusiastic –
- In less than five minutes, I found 13 different ways to save time, become more organized, and get more crafty:
- I so want to do this with my nails
- The view from my future house
- When stressed out while moving this week, I will try to remember some of these
- I desperately need to make both of these for some cool cocktail hours at the new place: http://food52.com/recipes/13061_boozy_sour_cherries and http://food52.com/recipes/2543_brandy_fruit
- The first breakfast that I will cook for myself in my new place