XoXo You Know You Love It…
How much did you LOVE the final episode of Gossip Girl?! I am sooooooooo HAPPY that they ended the show on a solid note. No cliffhangers… not final notification… NOTHING!
It makes me so happy!
A solid SOLID ending!
Now don’t get me wrong. I’m going to miss watching them every Monday and then calling Shanna quickly afterwards to chat about what we hated about the show: “Serena’s hair was so ugly, but did you see her purse?!” “Why are they dressing Blair so UGLY this season?!” “Why is Dan such a dick???” “Gawd Chuck can have it!”
By the way Ed Westwick… feel free to take it ANY DAY of the week.
And by it I mean me, Korin.
And what is it about British accents? I know we all speak English… but the Brits make it sound so dayum elegant.
Okay, so let me just quickly recap the show for you all…
(1) Serena does not go to LA… she says in New York to figure out this “thing” between her and Dan.
(2) Chuck and Blair hideout trying to figure out what to about the death of Bart Bass. Ole Uncle Jack comes in to save the day. He basically helps accelerate all the events in the final episode.
(3) After of learning of Bart Bass’s death William comes back to comfort Lilly. Ivy sees them together, attempts to call him out, but Lilly thinks of Ivy as nothing but a liar. William tells Ivy to basically go fly a kite. She has the money now… and his underlying plan all along was to get Lilly back into his life (who didn’t see that one coming??)
(4) Nathan learns that now that Bart Bass is dead the Spectator now belongs 100% back to him again. He tries to put all the pieces together to figure out who Gossip Girl is for the spectator to get out of the red.
(5) Chuck and Blair go to the JP to get married, but instead have a small intimate ceremony among all their closest family and friends. Blair is dressed more beautifully than all season in her light blue Elie Saab dress. I. JUST. DIED! How WONDERFUL did she look… AND THAT HEADBAND! *insert loud shrieking here*
(6) These two snitch ass little girls invite the police to the wedding ceremony of Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf. Chuck gives her the most BEAUTIFUL kiss before they are both hauled away by the popos.
(7) They showcase Kristen Bell as the voice for Gossip Girl! Rachel Bilson and she are getting ready for their auditions to be actress for the movie the Insider. I LOVED how they worked Kristen in! It’s she the greatest?! And HOW CUTE is Rachel???
(8) Gossip Girl is revealed! It’s LONELY BOY HIMSELF, Dan Humphrey! (It’s actually really beautiful on how they set up the story on how he became Gossip Girl.)
(9) Chuck is free from all charges! There is nothing that proves that he was involved in any since of the way with the death of his father.
(10) They show five years later.
a. Clearly the Spectator is doing well. Nathaniel Archibald, at 28, has his own private jet and is running for mayor of New York. Forget that guy!
b. Blair and Chuck have a little boy.
c. Dorota is still with them for some reason… doesn’t she have her own family???
d. Ivy has her own show called the Ivy League???
(11) Serena and Dan get married is the last scene!
Who all caught that Rufus was now dating Lisa Loeb?!! Don’t know who Lisa Loeb is? Well, it’s clear you didn’t grow up in the 90’s.
We had all the cool shit.
Yes, I am SOOOOO happy they brought back Eric and Jenny
the smallest cameo ever.
Again, I couldn’t be happy that Gossip Girl had a solid ending.
Although S and I had a little tiff with each other over Serena. I thought the wedding dress was ugly and WAY over top. I thought her jewelry and hair was perfect. S thought the dress was gorgeous and could have done without everything else.
That’s what I love about S, we will never steal each other’s man… or hair products.
Well, I for one am going to miss Gossip Girl.
PS: I loved EVERYTHING Georgina wore this season!