- Express Buckle Shirt, $6
- Express Editor Pants, $70
- Old Navy Black Belt, $1
- Joey Shoes, Ross, $14
- Charlotte Russe Earrings, $4
- Forever 21 Ring, $4
- Forever 21 Silver Bangle Set, $2 (I just wore one)
- Premier Designs, Lady Fair, $39
Chapter Breakdown of Video:
- Questions to Ask Yourself ~ 1:17
- Basic Concepts of Dress ~ 3:10
- Shoes ~ 4:47
- Accessories ~ 6:21
- Hair ~ 7:36
- Make-Up ~ 8:34
Questions to Ask Yourself…
- Whose interviewing me?
- What is the position of the interviewer?
- How many levels of interviews are they conducting?
- What sex is the interviewer?
Basic Concepts of Dress…
- DO NOT let your clothes over power what you have to say and your resume.
- On the initial interview go more conservative until you grab a good concept of company culture.
- If you wear a skirt make sure it goes pass the knee. The pencil skirt is the best to wear in a job interview. The skirt compliments most body types.
- DO wear clothes that compliment your body shape. If you are bigger wear bigger clothes, nothing too tight. If you feel uncomfortable, you look uncomfortable, and this will affect your interview. If you are smaller wear clothes that fit your frame. You will look out of place and disheveled if your clothes are too big.
- DO wear a solid color. Try and stay away from shirts that have patterns or are extremely loud in color. If you do want to wear a shirt with a pattern pair it with a solid colored blazer.
- DO NOT wear sleeveless shirts. Most companies have it against policy to wear shirts that show off your shoulders.
- DO NOT WEAR OPEN TOED SHOES!
- DO NOT WEAR STILLETTOS. Keep your heels under three inches.
- Keep jewelry to a minimum. You don’t want to come off too flashy.
- No hoop or chandelier earrings
- DO NOT wear bangles. They make too much noise and can be distracting. Also, the interviewer may require you to type or write and our bangles may get in the way. Wear simple bracelets.
- Keep it simple.
- No ponytails unless you’re going to be doing it Jessica Alba style. (Refer to Figure 1)
- If you have a strong face show it off. Wear your hair a bit back.
- Keep it to a minimum! A more subtle or an natural look is better. Be conservative with your make-up.
- If you guys have any questions, comments, concerns, or need an elaboration please comment below on my blog or under the video.